Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter

Easter is almost here and the other day I told my husband over dinner that I heard "on the news" that the Easter Bunny is only going to be bringing eggs this year and not any toys. "It's all due to the national financial crisis" I said, "he has to cut expenses or he'll have to lay off some of his helper bunnies." So this year it's only eggs. My kids were quietly listening and were so shocked their mouth's formed little "o" shapes.

I found a really cute and easy idea of dyeing eggs in a Family Fun article years ago. http://family.go.com/entertainment/craft-ff-26313-tie-dye-easter-eggs-t/ It was really easy, took only a few minutes and I didn't have to spend any money on egg dyeing kits from the store.

There are a lot of egg hunts in the area. None in Montebello that I could find, but there are others that aren't too far. http://www.insidesocal.com/free/2010/03/hunting-for-free-easter-egg-events.html

The city of Santa Fe Springs is also having activities. http://www.santafesprings.org/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=128&targetid=1

We'll attend Easter sunrises services at the Montebello golf course with Our Lady of Miraculous Medal Church. Services begin at 6am. There is no seating, so bring your own folding chair, if you have extras bring them along to share with others, they will certainly appreciate it. In the past I've dressed up for the service, but I've seen many people in jeans with sweatshirts/jackets, and some younger people wear pajamas.

1 comment:

  1. This was my first blog article. Contact me at montebellomom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete