Monday, January 16, 2012

It's a new year! Time to get organized!

The Shops at Montebello gave this blogger a mission to "Get Organized!"  So I packed up the family and with a $50 Visa Gift Card courtesy of the Shops at Montebello in hand, I set out on a mission to give my kitchen a mini-makeover!

At Macy's Home I came across the Martha Stewart Kitchen Collection. I was drawn to these sets of kitchen tools by how they perfectly combine usefulness and simplistic beauty.

Martha Stewart towels, spoon rest, and knives.
Our kitchen towels have gotten a little grubby, so a must have for my kitchen was a set of Flour Sack towels. this set of four was $6.47. 

My old ceramic spoon rest broke three years ago and since then we've been using small plates when cooking. I've been looking for a simple stainless steel spoonrest like this one ever since and found this one for $9.99. 

I discovered a small clearance section in the corner of the store where items were marked 40% off or more. That's where I found these pair of knives for $8.09.  The larger one has a serated edge great for cutting tomatoes. 

Macy's Home Clearance
Peelers and sink strainer.
In 2012, one of my family's priorities is to eat more veggies. This set of 3 peelers for $9.99 will make adding bits of vegetables to any dish a cinch! The peelers have magnets in the handles so they nest and take up little space in the drawer.

Our 99-cent sink strainer was starting to rust, so I was happy to find this stainless steel heavy gauge strainer for $3.99.


Bath & Body Works Hand Soap
At Bath & Body Works, foam hand soap is $5.00 a bottle. I picked up a fresh lemon scent and found two Gingerbread scented soaps on clearance for $1.25 each.

Hand Sanitizer Display
 A few mothers in the store were letting their kids pick from a display of hand sanitizers. Priced at 5 for $5, the kids loved the idea of chosing their own.  Even the boys were excited to choose.  There was one called, "I love sports!" and had a picture of sports equipment on the label. During flu season these mini-sanitizers are a must have.

Valentine's Event at Bath & Body Works




At check out the Bath & Body Works associate gave me a flyer promoting an upcoming Valentine's promotion. On Saturday, Februrary 11 from 10am-4pm customers get a free tote bag and body cream with any $11 Signature Collection purchase. She also included a 20% off coupon for my next purchase good now through 2/26.

Wi-Fi Hot Spot at the Play Area
While I was shopping, Mr. Montebello Mom was watching the kids at the Play Area. He brought along his new tablet and took advantage of the Wi-Fi Hot Spot available. The kids had fun, my husband caught up on the news, and I succeeded in getting what I need for my kitchen a mini-makevoer! A special thanks to the Shops at Montebello for sponsoring our afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment