Monday, December 20, 2010

Two Free Tickets to the LA Zoo: Guess my grocery total and win!!!

Win Two Free Tickets to the Los Angeles Zoo!!!
I've had my best coupon savings shopping trip today at Albertsons. I used so many coupons I asked if they could open another register just for me so I wouldn't cause a backup and they did!

Guess how much I spent on this cartload full of groceries 
& you may win 2 tickets to the Los Angeles Zoo!!!


To enter the giveaway, guess how much I spent on the groceries shown and either comment below (make sure you are signed in or leave your email so I can contact you if you win), comment on my Facebook page, or tweet me your guess!

Limit three entries per person, one per site: MontebelloMom.com, Facebook, or Twitter. Post by midnight Sunday 12/26/10 to enter. The closest guess to my total will win! I'll post a photo of my receipt when the contest is closed. The winner will be contacted via email and have 3 days to respond or the next closest entry will be chosen. Good luck!



Congratulations to the winner: Ashley C. with the closest guess of $7.58!

Thanks to the generosity of the Polly's Pies I have consolation prizes for all entries! Everyone who entered will be contacted and mailed 4 coupons for a free slice of pie at Polly's Pies!

So how did I spend only $12.09 on all these groceries at Albertsons?
  • I had 7 coupons for $20 off a grocery purchase. A few weeks earlier I took advantage of the gift card promotion and loaded up on gift cards. For every $100 in gift cards I got a coupon for $20 off of groceries. That's how $140 came off the total.
  • I used $21.10 in my own coupons, some were as little as 35 cents off, some were $1 off.
It was by far my best grocery haul ever, but I owe it all to Albertsons for running a great promotion. Sometimes I do save quite a bit at the grocery store, usually around 30-40% of the total, but never with a cartload full of groceries. Many of the items I never would have bought at the grocery store, like the Tide, Cascade, and floor cleaner but I took advantage of the high value coupons I had and stocked up! Thanks to all who entered!

4 comments:

  1. I've deleted the comments because I don't want any innocent email address being out there. Here were guesses on MontebelloMom:
    Arlene G: $90
    Anonymous: $35.88
    Ashley C: $7.58
    Connie: $35
    Thanks to all who entered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT WOOT!!!! I just got back into town and checked on your blog!! I am not sure if you sent me an email... Do you still have my email??

    Ashley C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley! You and all the consolation prize winners should have received an email on Monday morning. Email me at: montebellomom@gmail.com from the email address you gave me with your mailing address and I'll get the tickets out to you right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just sent ya a quick email.. Thanx again!!.

    Ashley C

    ReplyDelete